Lymphoedema involves tissue swelling (oedema) from insufficient lymph vessels (primary lymphoedema) or when the lymphatic system has been affected by injury, trauma, surgery, infection or radiotherapy. The swelling may be in any part of the body but more commonly in the legs or arms.
Verdun Physiotherapy @ Hollywood Functional Rehabilitation Clinic now offers a comprehensive and integrated Lymphoedema Physiotherapy Management Service specifically tailored to your individual needs.
Our Comprehensive Service includes:
- Initial and ongoing assessment – includes measurement and review of swelling and associated conditions.
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage – A specialised light stroking technique to assist lymphatic drainage
- Compression Bandaging and Garments – Prescription and fitting of Custom-made and/or Ready-to-wear garments
- Referral to Exercise Physiologist and Dietician – On-site rehabilitation gym and hydrotherapy facilities available
- Education and Self Management – including advice on skin care, scar care, positioning, clothing or footwear and return to work/activity.
To access this service please call us on 9386 9961 and book an appointment with Linda Khong.
Linda Khong is an Australian-trained physiotherapist (University of Sydney) with postgraduate qualifications in Manual Therapy (Curtin University). Linda practices in both Verdun Physiotherapy (private) and Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital as a Senior Physiotherapist. She is accredited with the National Lymphoedema Practitioners Registrar in Australia. She is fully certified in the Dr Vodder and also Foeldi Manual Lymphatic Drainage and Combined Decongestive Therapy (up to Advanced level). Her area of interest is in differential diagnosis and management of complex swelling in any part of the body.
BAppSc (Physio, Hons), MManips, B Business Admin
Lymphoedema Therapist, APA Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
Tel: 9386 9961, Fax: 9346 6462, email: email@example.com
Related articles by Linda Khong:
Be informed on Lymphoedema (March 2012)
Whats Happening in Lymphoedema
Lymphoedema on the Agenda, from Germany to Perth
Advanced Lymphoedema Training, Germany – Australian Lymphoedema Association Newsletter, November 2011